Friday, April 12, 2013

Ode to Jack Handy

I started this blog for one reason. My love of Jack Handy. Sometimes I forget that, but then I run into another quote and just laugh and laugh.

"I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it." - Jack Handy

I found this gem while reading zenhabits - 20 Things I Wish I had Known When Starting Out in Life. The post lists lessons learned from the author's life so far. I love number 10. If I had known this at a younger age, I would have done much more with my photography. Instead, I let it slide in favor of making a living. It was my loss. 

I'd like to add one to the list.

21. Trust is earned and should not be automatically granted. It's one of those life lessons that if I known, would have saved me from dealing with many bad people. Trust is something developed over time and linked to how people act and what they do, rather than because of status or position.

I've learned my lesson. Trust is earned.