Thursday, March 28, 2013

What the hell Antonin Scalia?

When I read this story I had to verify that it was not really faux news. Sadly, Antonin Scalia actually had a bigoted meltdown over marriage equity.

As Justice Anthony Kennedy questioned whether it was appropriate for the Court to hear a case about same-sex marriage at this time, Mr. Scalia stunned observers with an emotional outburst.

“O.K., could we just stop talking about this stuff right now?” Justice Scalia snapped at Justice Kennedy. “I’ve told you all how I feel about this topic, and I don’t understand why we’re going on and on about it unless you all hate me.”

As the courtroom froze in dead silence, Justice Scalia seemed to gather steam, shouting, “For two days, it’s been gay this, gay that. You’re all just talking about this stuff as if it’s the most normal thing in the world. Well, it’s not, O.K.? It’s weird and it’s wrong. And just talking about it like it’s O.K. and whatnot is making me angry beyond belief.”

Source:Scalia Furious He Has to Hear About Gay Couples All Week by Andy Borowitz

Am I proud to be an American? No… not at the moment. 

Scalia has a long history of bigotry from the bench. How much longer can it last? How much longer until he is irrelevant? One can only hope.