Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bullies suck, right Joe Rickey Hundly?

This is not a story about Christians gone wrong. Instead, this is a story about a bully and my attitude towards bullies.

Joe Rickey Hundly, convicted bully and president of Unitech Composites Structures, allegedly slapped an interracial 19-month old child across the face after yelling a racial slur at the child's mother. 

Bennett, 33, told investigators that the “aircraft was in final descent” to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport when her child “started to cry due to the altitude change.” Bennett added that she “was trying to get [her son] to stop crying, but he continued.”

At this point, Bennett recalled, Hundley used the racial epithet as he told her to shut the child up. He then allegedly “turned around and slapped” the toddler in the face “with an open hand, which caused the juvenile victim to scream even louder.” The slap, Bennett said, “caused a scratch below [the child’s] right eye.”

Source: FBI: Man Slapped Crying Toddler On Delta Flight - The Smoking Gun

Hundly had allegedly been drinking before boarding the flight, and had ordered several drinks during the flight. 

My attitude towards bullies is formed by an event from my youth where I bullied a handicapped classmate. I had not intended to bully a handicapped boy. I was simply going to pester an underclassman with a wedgie. My stunt failed in a horrible way. I pulled a double amputee out of his prosthetics legs. He fell forward and hit his head, which knocked his prosthetic lower jaw and teeth out of his mouth.  I was horrified and tried to apologize, but it did no good. He yelled in a way I can still hear in my mind 30-years later.  I received a severe beating from onlookers for my stupidity. It was totally deserved. Even the black eye I sported for the next 10 days. All of it was deserved. I apologized later. My victim never forgave me. The event changed me forever. I protect the weak. I always do. I hate bullies. 

Hundly deserves what he will get. First, fire the bastard. Second, convict him and send his bullying ass to prison. A little dose of reality will cure his evil ways.

On the plane… how did Hundly not get his ass thumped? He is lucky I was not on the plane, or somebody like me. I would of inserted myself between him and the child in the most aggressive way possible. I think most decent men or women would. I'm sure being on the final minutes of a long flight deterred most intervention. I would like to thank the person who called the FBI though. That was righteous.