Friday, November 16, 2012

A Christian spelltard

I’m a an atheist spelltard. I have a few friends who edit posts. They gently correct my errors. My ego survives the process, but just barely. I can easily fix errors. It’s not like they are written in stone…

Mike Ritze, Oklahoma Lawmaker, Erects Ten Commandments Monument With Spelling Errors.

The rose-stone block reads “Sabbeth” instead of “Sabbath.”

And at its base, the tenth commandment reads, “Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidseruent.” It should read "maidservant."

Rep. Mike Ritze, a fundie Oklahoma state congressman, is a spelltard. This fact alone makes me feel better today. I needed to feel better. It’s been a hard week.

I give the ill-advised monument 10 months before it is removed by our fair and balanced courts. Dippy judge Roy Moore lost his battle over a similar issue, so will Mike Ritze.