Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Every photo has a story

arrow

I’m on my own this morning. No wife. No kids. It’s just me and my camera out for a quick breakfast. I was walking across the parking lot when I stopped to stare at the light reflecting off of a directional arrow. I pulled out my camera and stalked around a bit trying to find the composition I wanted. I was shooting with a 50mm lens, so my options were limited. I took the shot and moved on as a man called out, I’m ready for my photo.” I looked up to see a bread delivery driver walking towards me with a smile. He joked, “I even fixed my hair.” He was bald. I told him that I like to shoot things more than people. He laughed and told me that things are easier to get along with. I agreed. We parted ways with a handshake.

20 feet later I stopped for a quick photo of a rose. An old lady asked me what I was doing… 10 minutes later I took a photo of my breakfast. It was a beautiful cheesy mess. The old man sitting in the next booth asked me what I was doing… and so it goes.

By the way -  I had to send my breakfast back. I ordered no cheese, but it was delivered floating in it. Oh to be 16 again.

Photo Notes: Shot with a Nikon D7000 with a 50mm lens. 1/60 at f16. ISO 200. Location: Paul’s Place in Buena Park.

Technorati Tags: ,