Thursday, January 20, 2011

Secular government fundie governor

The first thing my wife said to me last night was, “Did you hear about Alabama’s governor?” I had. He’s fundie nutball.

On the day of his swearing-in, Alabama Republican Gov. Robert J. Bentley raised concern among the state's non-Christians by declaring that people who had not accepted Jesus Christ were not his brothers and sisters.

Why do I call him a nutball? That’s easy. He does not understand his role as governor. He represent all of his constituents, not just the Christians. I know of at least one Atheist in Alabama. I’m sure it pissed him off too. I’m sure there are Muslims, Jews, and Hindu’s too. The most plausible explanation is that Bentley is blinded by his faith – blinded to the needs of his state. Why did they elected him?

Technorati Tags: ,,