Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Pastor Lloyd Sartain arrested

On Lloyd Sartain of New Covenant Faith Church in Independence, MO was arrested on federal weapons Charges.

"This has been how many years he's been living a lie, hiding behind God to bring people in and take their money and use them for whatever he needs," said Schaeffle, who says that investigators have hit just the tip of the iceberg.

"The way it was like a cult and the way he did control everybody, and he wasn't a great guy and if he had guns, you know something's not right," said Schaeffle. "What kind of Pastor needs to have guns and a pile of cash?"

A big pile of cash, guns, and a cult… the news out of Missouri is a little disconcerting.  The comments on the article are are a little more so.

from Indepmogal

Concerned neighbor and Lindsay, Is he a bad man? I have heard HORRIBLE things about him but found it interesting that people actually posted about it. From the sounds of it Lindsay, God did answer your prayers and I pray that he continues to help you through whatever may have happened to you.

From Russ

That man cost me my relationship with my mother and sisters over the last 17 years. He is a bad man! I am a Chritian, and dared to stand up to him and was quickly "cut off" from contact with the rest of my family, who were members there. He is a serious controller, and leads by fear. All who have been hurt by him should come foward, and I beleive they will!

From Abraham Fiers

I'm glad to hear he's in jail. All of those years of physical and emotional abuse almost made me commit suicide. I know im not the only one and im very sorry for the others. He ruined my relationships with my sisters and brother and made me feel like I was worthless. He always talked bad about my father(whom passed away in September of 2007) and told me I was gonna be a failure like him. He deserves to rot in jail for life. He's ruined thousands upon thousands of lives and scarred others like myself. I can never forget what he did to me and how he made me feel. I just pray that justice is served.

It’s like the whole community gave a big sigh of relief.

Linked on Hypocrisy Watch and Google Maps.

Technorati Tags: