Saturday, January 09, 2010

Pastor Dennis Reedy must stand trial

Pastor Dennis Reedy’s story is one of the most bizarre I’ve read in a few months. He allegedly wrote a piece of homoerotic fiction involving two 13-year-old neighborhood boys, and then gave it to them. Oh wait, I forgot the part where he groped them first. Silly me.

dennisreedyA judge threw out his plea deal. He was expecting time served and probation. Instead he will face a jury and the possibility of a much longer possible sentence.

 

“(Lunsford) felt the plea agreement of time served apparently did not reflect the nature of the offenses,” Mason later said.

But wait, there’s more. Reedy was caught in a public bathroom having sex with a 16-year-old boy.

Police say mall security watched Dennis N. Reedy, 65, walk into the handicapped bathroom near Radio Shack on July 14 with a teenage boy, sparking suspicion, especially when repeated knocks on the door went unanswered.

I somehow missed Dennis Reedy. I don’t understand how, but hey, nobody is perfect. There are so many of these cases that I loose track. I've got seven queued up on index cards sitting on my desk. That’s something like four hours of work.

Reedy was the pastor for Christ United Methodist Church in Tyrone PA. I don’t think he working there any longer.

Linked on Hypocrisy Watch at Google Maps.