Saturday, November 21, 2009

Introducing Moral Bytes

Asha, the writer behind Moral Bytes, provides members of the Atheist Blogroll an introduction to his blog. Enjoy.

We are biological creatures. If you believe this, then you also believe that our behaviors have evolutionary roots. This includes moral behavior. I am interested in finding the evolutionary roots of moral behavior. I want to know if it possible to take a moral value and ground it in biological reasoning.

Let’s take “Thou Shalt not commit adultery” for example. If we looked at this moral dictate from an evolutionary perspective, what would we find?

This will be first question I’ll tackle in my weekly Wednesday posts. Read the first three posts in the series, Birth of a Movement, Gods Unvanquished, and Prophets and Philosophers.

I look forward your thoughts and comments.

Drop in and say hi.

Technorati Tags: ,