Friday, March 20, 2009

Church Shooting Drill

I find it interesting that a church views the threat of a violent attack to be significant enough that they scheduled a hostage rescue drill.

The man playing the role of gunman is really a church youth pastor and says the scenario is frighteningly real.

"There's a lot of value in a role play like this from my vantage point. What would really happen if someone came in to one of my services and did this? So, it really has helped me to think through that process," said Todd Jackson, Youth Pastor at Christian Heritage Church.

"Faith is a huge part of our community here in Tallahassee and there's a lot of churches, a lot of people that attend church. I think it's important to be prepared for anything," said fellow Youth Pastor Marshall Ochs.

I love it when I see Christians adopt a more pragmatic approach. Screw prayer, pass the ammo.