Monday, February 16, 2009

Satan twists everything in your head

I happened upon an interesting discussion on the bizarre  topic of Mormon apostasy. My involvement with the Mormons from years ago left me with the impression that doing anything that the boys who ran things said was proscribed, could be interpreted as apostasy. My friends lived in fear of the word. At one point, on a surfing outing with a small group of Mormon teens, they tried to stop me from surfing without a group prayer. They even tried to restrain me. My friend was worried sick about not following the rules (I guess you had to pray before you could surf). He kept telling me that my actions were putting him in danger of committing apostasy. I could never understand the fear. They were like sheep. I ran into the surf without a second thought, and then I hitchhiked home.

The Liberal Mormon That Could has an interesting post on the subject of apostasy. I still don’t understand.

Technorati tags: , ,