Friday, February 20, 2009

Random Christian Encounter

I was playing disc golf by myself yesterday when an 80 year old man walked by on the exercise path. He asked me if I was going to beat myself. I responded that I was planning on doing so, but that I would be hard to do so. He slowed his walking and asked why I was playing alone. I become a little annoyed. I told him I was playing alone because I liked to be alone. I hoped that that would be the end of it. I was wrong…

He turned to walk towards me, “You know, you never have to be alone if you walk with Jesus.”

I reached into my disc bag and fished out a disc. I held it out towards the old Christian and said, “If Jesus is walking with you right now could you ask him if he wants to play a round with me?”

The old Christian scoffed and the walked away.

I later met a man who claimed to worship Bob Marley. Him I liked.

Technorati tags: , ,
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]