Saturday, February 07, 2009

A New Photography Toy

nikon-sb900

I picked up a Nikon SB-9000 Speedlight today. I've wanted a good flash for years but I've never been able to afford one. I’ll need to play around with it before I try anything serious. I’m looking forward to taking family shot without the obligatory flash shadow. Plus the macro work I like to do with benefit from some of the lighting options available to me with this unit. The manual is thick and complicated, I'll have to play around some.

I love this tip from the manual:

Take trial shots. Make trial shots before photographing important occasions like weddings or graduations.

I also purchased a Tamrac Expedition 5x. I finally have enough space for all my gear. I guess I’m doing my part to fix the economy too.

Technorati tags: