Saturday, November 15, 2008

Blogroll Update: General Update

Logo2 I  do not know what to say about the despicable status of our blogrolling service. Blogrolling.com has been down for a month. The most I can do is add new blogs and wait. The situation is frustrating.

Blogrolling.com has not posted an update since Nov 2. As users, we are given no idea as to when the application will return to service, or it it will return to service at all. I do not understand how blogroll.com can operate a business like this.  At a minimum, they should be communicating status.

Blogroll.com, if you read this, you are ruining any credibility you have with your user community. If you are depending on us to help make version 2.0 a success, I have a feeling you will be disappointed.

We Grow

The big new is that we are continuing to grow. I backed the Atheist Blogroll up this morning (manually) and then did a count. We stand at 857 member blogs. My guess is that 15 or so are inactive. I have not been able to perform maintenance since blogrolling.com went down, I am sure the number is somewhat inflated.

The Skunk Works Project

Larro, Db0 and I have pooled resources on a new project which will benefit the members of the atheist Blogroll and the atheist blogging community. I'll post more information on this when it's ready.

Atheist Blogroll Logos

All of the Atheist Blogroll Logos are available on Flickr in the Atheist Blogroll Photo Pool. I would like to ask other bloggers who are interested to submit more versions of the logo, and to submit more graphics which can be used to illustrate posts.

Also, I have a special request. I've had several requests for a small logo like the one for the Flying Spaghetti Monster shown below. If somebody could produce something like this, I would be grateful.

image