Sunday, October 12, 2008

My god is bigger than yours

A pastor opened a campaign event with an odd prayer. He wants god to grant McCain a big win.
God Bless

Before McCain spoke, a Christian pastor offered a prayer that seemed to ask for divine intervention on his behalf. "There are millions of people around this world praying to their God -- whether it's Hindu, Buddha, Allah -- that [McCain's] opponent wins for a variety of reasons," Pastor Arnold Conrad said. "And, Lord, I pray that you would guard your own reputation, because they're going to think that their god is bigger than you, if that happens.

Source: John McCain and Sarah Palin try new tactics - Los Angeles Times

I am reminded of the immortal words of the Talking Heads.

I got a girlfriend thats better than that
She has the smoke in her eyes
Shes moving up, going right through my house
Shes ginna give me surprise

The only surprise will be if McCain wins.

Technorati tags: , , ,

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]