Friday, August 15, 2008

A case of hemorrhoids

I got a few emails from people asking why I was not posting on the Victoria Osteen trial. She was being sued in civil court for elbowing a fly attendant. My bullshit meter kicked in when I heard that flight attendant Sharon Brown felt the incident caused her develop hemorrhoids. I knew the case was a fleecing of a rich and high profile person. When I looked deeper and that no criminal charges were filed, I lost interest in the case. The Osteens did not assault Sharon Brown on their First Class flight to an exclusive vacation getaway. Why should I care if the Olsteen's represent the very worst in pop culture Christianity while at the same time act like class elitists? Unless they slap kids around I tend to leave them alone. Slapping a flight attendant is close, but with an arrest and trial on criminal charges, I really don't care. They deserve the full protection of the law just like the next filthy rich televangelist. They have an image to uphold and a family business to run. Praise Jeebus.

The trial is over - the jury thought Brown's case was a shake down. so did I. Apparently, so did everyone else.

"If we could have figured out a way to return court costs to the Osteens we would have done it," said jury foreman Gilles Labbe shortly after the jury announced its verdict.

Source: Victoria Osteen wife of Pastor of Megachurch in Houston Not Guilty

And a word on hemorrhoids: Sharon Brown - try not to push so hard. It helps.