Friday, September 28, 2007

Blogroll Update: Dark Matter

Dark Matter joined the Atheist Blogroll a few days ago. Its author, Neal Phalanx, has been kind enough to provide an introduction to his site:

I made the final move to atheism about 3 years ago, after years of increasingly skeptical agnosticism. I am a professional, a husband, a parent, and an atheist. I feel that it defines me, as I am in a world of religious fundamentalism and ideology. It is hard to say that believing nothing defines any part of me, but it does, and it motivates me.

I used to scoff at blogging, for no real reason really. I now see that I can join a community of like-minded thinkers, and find a way to vent about what I think. I want to address the issues that atheists and free-thinkers deal with. I want to be a resource for parents who do not wish to force a belief upon their children, yet still give them the skill set and ability to make good decisions in life.

The world is scary, and the good old USA has become a very dark and frightening place. A candidate for president has to pass through rigors for his or her beliefs (or lack thereof). I am not too happy about the condition of reason and secularism in this country. I want to do what I can about it, while having a lot of fun with it.

Thanks for the listing! I look forward to my continued involvement. I have been posting for about a week now, and it is what I look forward to every day. Thanks again!

Please pay Dark Matter a visit and welcome this new Atheist blogger to our team.