Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pharyngula: Come out!

 

Pharyngula is calling for Atheists to come out.

image

A while back, I floated the idea of a logo for the godless. There was a lot of enthusiasm for the idea, and a lot of good design ideas came out of it … maybe too many good ideas. And being a mob of atheists, there was absolutely no consensus on what was the best symbol to use. Finally, I didn't want to impose a logo on anyone, so I just let it drop to see if anyone would simply start using one of the suggested designs, that maybe a consensus might coalesce. I saw a few of the logos on scattered sites, but there wasn't much of a spontaneous response, and alas, every single site used a different logo. Typical atheists.

 

I like the idea. I'm not so much into wearing a t-shirt, but posting the big A on my site and maybe a sticker on my truck are within reach.

Technorati tags: ,